Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What's wrong with this email I got at work today?

Think about it.

From: [Name deleted]
To: biomail@*******.***
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:53 AM
Subject: BIOMAIL: Biomail

To All Biomail Subscribers

Yesterday some subscribers to Biomail did not receive the NeuroLunch email notice. Spontaneous deletions from the Biomail list have happened in the past. If you would like to confirm you are still subscribed, please visit the following web site:

https://utils.its.caltech.edu/mailman/listinfo/biomail

---------------------------------------------------------------------
You have received this message because you are subscribed to the
Biology Division mailing list. To unsubscribe from the list, send
email to majordomo@*******.*** with the message unsubscribe biomail.

6 comments:

R.A. said...

Oh my word...wow.

Heather said...

Reminds me very much of a rubber stamp Mom has for envelopes: "Let me know if you don't receive this."

Rachel said...

Agreed, Rachel, but it actually took a while for me to realize the problem! Hithah, all business mail should be so stamped. :)

I was reminded of a verse from "It's a Long Way to Tipperary":

Paddy wrote a letter to his Irish Molly O',
Saying, "Should you not receive this, write and let me know,
"If I make mistakes in spelling, Molly dear," said he,
"Remember it's the pen that's bad; don't lay the blame on me!"

JimAroo said...

Will all those not present, please report to the principal.

Warren said...

Can everyone hear me?

Is this thing on?

W

Rachel said...

If I'm not seeing your comments, I'll let you know.