Monday, January 25, 2010

I was trying to pick an airline...

...for a flight I was booking, and the cheapest tickets were for United Airlines. Second-cheapest were Southwest. Usually I fly Southwest and it's fine; I didn't know about United. So I went to Google and typed in "What's it like to fly United Airlines?" and quickly found this chart from which I learned that United has the lowest customer satisfaction scores and Southwest has the highest. That was an easy decision!

I'm just posting this to say how much I like the internet. I remember being stressed out in eighth grade when I had lots of homework to get done and I needed the encyclopedias but the library was about to close... and now all the information is accessible any time, right at our fingertips!

Unrelated cute picture someone forwarded to me. The email said that these two are best buds and live at the T.I.G.E.R.S. sanctuary in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Look, they're holding hands-- er, feet!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I like the pictures and am addicted to the Internet. Did not have it when I was a kid, either. Actually, I have been a frequent flyer on a number of airlines, depending on where I was living. United, as unpopular as it may be, has been the best to me and to my difficult family circumstances, e.g., flying with handicapped children who have special needs that must be cared for during the trip.

Heather said...

From my own experience, United is the worst by far. Ask Bob Smiley and he will say exactly the same thing. Davey too. They both chide me if I go with United, which I did a few times because they were cheaper.

Also, United Breaks Guitars...

Rachel said...

Hahaha! Don't get on a musician's bad side in this age of YouTube! I'm glad they were accommodating of your children's needs, though, Elizabeth.

Cathy said...

Another nice thing about Southwest is that you can cancel or change your trip with no financial penalty. On the cheapest fares, you don't get a cash refund for a cancellation but can apply the credit to a future flight. And there is still no checked baggage charge on Southwest; I'm not sure about United.

Have a safe trip!

Rachel said...

Thanks Cathy! Yeah, the ability to cancel without losing my money has come in handy for me before.