Sunday, January 31, 2010

Videos taken with my iPod Nano

My parents gave me the latest iPod Nano for Christmas. What a cool little device it is! Its chief purpose is to play music, of course, but it also takes video, and a few hours ago while fooling with the video, I accidentally pressed a button that took me to a special effects menu I didn't even know existed. So... here's my room on a sunny Sunday around noon, and here's what some of the effects do to it. (The original Nano videos are bigger and clearer; Blogger compresses them.)


Normal:




Twist




X-ray




Film Grain:




Infrared




Tunnel of Light




Kaleidoscope




Cyborg




Cyborg is definitely my favorite, and Film Grain comes in second. Imagine if someone from the Twenties, when film really looked like that, could see my Nano.

Oh my goodness, people! In ten years we'll be in the Twenties again, and then I'll have to say "Nineteen Twenties" to clarify what I mean! How can that be? How could the Twenties ever mean something entirely unrelated to flappers and Prohibition and the stock market crash? Tempus fugit....

4 comments:

Heather said...

Imagine if someone from the Twenty-Three-Hundred-and-Twenties, when cyborgs really process things like that, could see your Nano!

Rachel said...

They will laugh at me just as hard as I laugh at http://www.paleofuture.com/!

JimAroo said...

The ability to do 100 years of film special effects in your Christmas stocking....

Rachel said...

And to store enough information to fill a small library. When you think of how difficult it once was to make books, and how much history and knowledge was lost if manuscripts burned...