Friday, April 18, 2008

Ha HAAAA!

So, the nuns of Corpus Christi Monastery imagine they can prevent me from seeing their enclosure? Ancient cloister laws are no match for the Google Maps satellite! The picture was available in much higher resolution than this too. I scanned it carefully for evidence of black-veiled nuns walking about, but they must have all been in choir or something. The monastery buildings are in the upper corner and you can see the open land they have. Mery said there's a Rosary walk around the perimeter with pictures of the Mysteries.

In fact I had plenty of pictures of the enclosure already, given to me by Mery, but I got all excited about this one that seems somehow illicitly obtained-- this is, of course, a sad commentary on human nature. "Stolen water is sweet; food eaten in secret is delicious!" (Proverbs 9:17)

No comments: