Saturday, December 20, 2008

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Catholic desserts walks into mine

Bakerella specializes in these very Christmas-y red velvet cake balls (you can find her recipe here.) This picture is from her site because I forgot to get any of my own with the cake balls bitten open!



I added Christmas sprinkles to my own effort.



And then the red tablecloth and mini tree with birds, both courtesy of my mom, looked so cute I had to get a shot of the truffles with them.



I enjoyed the truffles, but they're a lot of work compared to cookies and don't taste any better than cookies. They do, however, look more impressive.

If I ever made these again I'd make the cake from scratch. There's a certain artificial play-doh sort of undertone in some cake mixes and the one I used seemed to have it. Just a slight thing... didn't stop the truffles from getting eaten.

No comments: