Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Non-Catholics say the darndest things

At dinner on Christmas night, four friends and I were eating with the five other members of my immediate family. The friends are Catholic, my family Protestant. I started chatting with my friends about where we'd all gone to Mass that day. "Did you go to St. Peter Chanel for Midnight Mass?" "I went to Ss. Peter and Paul; there was a great TLM this morning." "St. Therese has one on New Years' day."

My older brother interrupted: "Are the Masses named for whoever says them?"

When we'd recovered from our surprise and hilarity we explained that those were the names of the churches. But if my brother had been right I would certainly have attended the Mass offered by Saints Peter and Paul!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope our laughter did not discourage him from a future conversion.

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Do you mean Ss Peter and Paul in Naperville, Illinois?

Rachel said...

I mean the one in Wilmington, California, but I'm glad to know there's another with the TLM. :)