Monday, December 15, 2008

FSSP TLM DVD

Hooray! It has arrived: the DVD that the FSSP made to help train priests to say the traditional Latin Mass! I'm only up to the Gloria and already I've learned a bunch of little details I didn't know before, which are satisfyingly meaningful now that I do know them. For example: at Low Mass when the priest turns to descend the steps to begin the prayers at the foot of the altar, he's supposed to step slightly to one side so as to avoid having his back completely to the altar. I'll bring pencil and paper to the TLM next Sunday and note down any small mistakes the priest makes and present him with my score at the end of Mass; I'm sure he'll find it helpful!

(I'm kidding about that last part.)

3 comments:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

LOL, you're only welcome to take notes if I'm serving, lol.

Rachel said...

Joe, I'll bring my Taboo! buzzer and hit it (reverently) if you put a foot wrong. ;)

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

I've always found all the minutiae to show reverence in subtle ways. It would be neat to know some of the other tidbits you learn.