This time I used only a teaspoon of powdered pink coloring in one batch, and no coloring at all in the next batch. Here are some of the cookies after I piped them, drying out and forming the requisite shell on top.
Then for the ganache I began with heavy cream, always a great way to start.
I heated it and threw in raspberry jam and white chocolate, which at first didn't look like much:
It got more reasonable once it was mixed:
I then took a break (and a picture of the cat relaxing outside.) The ganache needed to cool way down before it would be thick enough to pipe.
Piping is a lot easier than spooning the filling out, once you've set everything up for it.
And there we are! I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of a bitten macaron-- the pink ones were pinker on the inside. Another time I might add red food color to the filling, because raspberry without coloring takes on that grayish color. But no matter; it tasted wonderful. :)
I figured I'd better publish this post before I made yet more macarons, which... might be pretty soon. :) Perhaps I'll even get around to posting about something other than food, one of these days.