Thursday, February 11, 2010

Do you guys realize that Lent is less than a week away?

I'm glad my mom gave me the traditional Valentine's Day gift of candy early this year. This way I've got it all eaten well before the penance starts. :)

Actually, perhaps I won't give up sweets at all. I could just take this advice:




I don't know who he is or if the book is good, but I like his ad. :)

In case you were thinking, "Gee, I'd like to read a whole bunch of stuff about Lent right now..."

Update: Not five minutes after I published this post, a friend happened to email me about the book, saying, "This is NOT to miss--I have one of the first photocopies and many of us have been waiting a long time. Please keep Br. Michael in your prayers--it says somewhere in there that he'll be ordained to the deaconate on May 1st." And why should you trust the opinion of my friend? Well, she's the one who gave me the recipe for deliciously evil pumpkin muffins. So... there you go. The book has a website too.

Update update: Another friend from church says: "I was lucky enough to get one of those drafts last year in time for Lent, so I made the retreat as my main Lenten observance. In fact, I dedicated one whole weekend to read and mediate on what was presented in the book. It was probably the most fruitful Lent I have ever had. The book really is that good."

6 comments:

Linda said...

"I don't know who he is or if the book is good, but I like his ad. :)"

Hopefully you will get to know who he is AND like his book. He "grew up" in your parish, formed by the Oblate priests....need I say more?

Rachel said...

Nope, that's good enough for me! :)

Paul said...

Love the ad. Thanks - I'll have to check out the book.

Clever Blog title BTW. I just googled "infused knowledge" to make sure I was using the term correctly! Of course I had to check out your blog, and I guessed right! You are Catholic!

Rachel said...

Thanks Paul! I feel vaguely guilty that my blog is now usually the first result when that phrase is googled, but heck, I'm glad it got me a reader. :)

Meg said...

Br. Michael is a friend of mine and I was blessed several years ago to obtain a copy of his first draft! I read it and loved it! His book should be fantastic. Do keep him in your prayers.

Rachel said...

Cool! So now three out of three people I know who've read it say it was great.