Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Employee appreciation gifts that do more harm than good

The post below reminds me of a teacher who had to make her children create little signs for her and then turn them into the school office, to receive them back as a teacher appreciation gift. That's right-- she had to go to the trouble of making her own gift happen.

But that's not as bad the nurse I know who received an employee appreciation gift of makeup. Expired makeup.

I'd rather get nothing; wouldn't you?

2 comments:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

I as a rule refuse gifts that come from my students (well, with the exception of food and gas cards, LOL, (hey, feeding me is a quick way to make me happy, and a teacher's got to put gas in the tank, hahahaha))

Rachel said...

My mom used to tell her students that she enjoyed See's candy... she'd always get a few See's certificates that way. :)