Sunday, March 21, 2010

Molten chocolate lava cakes

My friends and I were getting together in observance of St. Joseph's feast day, and I knew it was time to try the recipe I'd come across for molten chocolate cakes. Recipe here, and many pictures from Pioneer Woman here.


So I made the cakes, and here's mine. You can see for yourself how much I like whipped cream.



You can also see that the cakes really were wonderfully gooey inside!



And you can see how my cake spontaneously shrank...



...until nothing was left.



We'd begun the evening with good appetizers in the front yard-- coconut and pumpkin sweets from Mexico, strawberries from somewhere, and banana and kiwi preserves from the Norbertine nuns in Tehachapi, CA.



The evening continued with my Mom's great traditional Irish meal of corned beef and cabbage with soda bread. And avocado and tangelo-- not particularly Irish, but good!



We used this tea set. You'd have thought we were celebrating St. Patrick's Day instead of St. Joseph's. Maybe we were. I'm sure neither of them minded.



This gratuitous chocolate picture neatly rounds out my post.

2 comments:

R.A. said...

Wow...I am so jealous of everyone who got to participate in this meal!

Rachel said...

:)
Well, at least you wouldn't envy my weight gain...