Sunday, June 28, 2009

A handy vocation discernment flow chart

For Linda and anyone else who hasn't seen it yet. :) I've emailed this thing all over, but I guess I've never posted it on my blog before. It's from this post at Disputations, and I've no wish to steal credit from the genius who created it, but since it no longer seems to show up at its original home, I'm reposting it here:



I trust this makes everything clear. See you at the nunnery, girls.

Oh, and Linda, you can tell your menfolk that the encyclical that was recommended to me (the one whose title they were trying to translate today even though I couldn't quite remember what the title was!) is "Haurietis Aquas", which means "You will draw waters". It's about devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It's by Pope Pius XII, so I got that much right. :)

7 comments:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Hence the announcement at my blog, lol :)...I finally listened :)

Rachel said...

That's something, anyway, but according to this chart approximately 800 million other Catholics are willfully denying their true vocation! ;)

peccatoribus said...

And here I was looking for a place to be a nice peaceful lay brother. Thank you. This changes everything.

adonela said...

“What a cloud of misgivings must hang over the memory of him whom Jesus invited to follow Him. Is he looking now in heaven upon that Face from whose mild beauty he so sadly turned away on earth?”
~Fr. Faber

Rachel said...

Ronald Knox wrote a story about the life of that rich young ruler who refused his vocation-- in his telling he ends up as the thief on the cross who says "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom". I wish I could find the story!

Linda said...

A great chart! Thanks Rachel, although I don't like very much being lumped into the same box as those who don't know the Faith or are even interested. (-: I propose for the 1st "no" box: "Pray every day that God would lead you to the Truth" and for the last "no" box (those married women): "Tell your sons to be priests and your daughters to be nuns!" ;)

Rachel said...

Excellent modifications, Linda. :)