Monday, September 20, 2010

Cost of health insurance for women vs. men

I'm researching health insurance, and it appears that women my age have to pay a lot more than men.  For girls and boys the cost is the same, and as we get older it's the men who are more expensive to insure, but right now in the childbearing years, women get charged more.

Now I need to stop procrastinating by blogging.

Update: So I can pay about $1850 for a year of fairly comprehensive health coverage, or pay only $312 for a plan that covers all the same stuff, except... they casually slip in, at #28 on the list of stuff they don't cover: "Treatment for all forms of cancer."

Update: Forget both those plans.  They're not renewable if I come back to the U.S., and of course if I get seriously sick I *will* come back to the U.S., so the plans won't cover me just when I most need coverage.  I'm rather glad I talked to an agent who pointed that out. :)  Okay, back to work.

No comments: