Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A game that made me waste time

Here's the game. You knock tiles off the board by clicking a square where you have a clear path to two (or more) tiles of the same color. Mistakes knock time off the clock. My highest score after five or six attempts is 90.

I'll be very busy at work for these two weeks-- heck, nearly working full time-- so the world will be somewhat deprived of my bloggy wisdom during that time. It's amazing how well everyone gets along without it.

Incidentally, this blog gets spammed with a lot of comments from spambots, advertising various dubious links. That's why I have it hold comments for my approval on all posts older than two weeks. The other day I got a spam comment that I almost wanted to approve. It said, "I'm currently being held prisoner by the Russian mafia and being forced to post spam comments on blogs and forum! If you don't approve this they will kill me. Please send help!"

I probably would have approved it if it hadn't been accompanied by some rather inappropriate ads.

10 comments:

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

That's a very addictive game!

Rachel said...

I'd just like to say I'm up to 113 now. And I can quit any time I like.

Vincenzo said...

"The other day I got a spam comment that I almost wanted to approve. It said, "I'm currently being held prisoner by the Russian mafia and being forced to post spam comments on blogs and forum! If you don't approve this they will kill me. Please send help!"

Hilarious.

"I probably would have approved it if it hadn't been accompanied by some rather inappropriate ads."

Too bad we can't edit comments.

Rachel said...

I know, but the temptation to misuse that power would be too great. Only I could be trusted with it.

Vincenzo said...

Hehe

R.A. said...

Because the Russian mafia is sooooooooooo interested in spamming peoples' blogs.

Vincenzo said...

I see that Blogger has some spam catching features now.

Rachel said...

Well, naturally the Russian mafia is aware of *my* blog... who isn't?

Vincenzo, so far Blogger has been catching every spam comment. It seems to work well!

JimAroo said...

About the guy held by the Russian Mafia... I showed that to Mary.

She only had one thing to say:

He's dead, Jim"

Rachel said...

HAHAHA! If I was married to a Jim I'd take every opportunity to use that line.