Saturday, April 10, 2010

Let the Lent continue!

I've found in this Easter week that I sort of miss the focused discipline of Lent... well, okay, I wasn't focused or disciplined, but I did make some resolutions to live life more wisely and not squander time, and though I didn't keep them very well it was a heck of a lot better than nothing. So I started to pray about perhaps continuing with the resolutions, making them permanent. The next few days were such a wasted mess that I figured God was answering my prayer with a resounding "YES". So I'll try to keep on doing the stuff I did during Lent. Less time on the Internet is one. :)

It's sort of like dieting versus making real lifestyle changes. I was overweight most of my life, and the way I lost weight and kept it off was to radically re-define what I considered to be a normal amount of food to eat. If I had told myself, "I'm only going to eat less until I lose the weight," well, that wouldn't have worked long-term.

By the way, Jen thinks the same thing. I know, I'm a Jen sycophant, but seriously, her blog's so good!

No comments: