Sunday, August 16, 2009

Know your states

This is a great little game-- you simply drag state outlines to their places on the US map. The order of states is scrambled each time. I bet it'd be nice for homeschoolers to try.

I just did it and got a score of 80% and an average error of 41 miles; a bit pathetic but I assure you I was going fast (242 seconds) and not trying very hard. I'm sure I'll improve. Mea culpa, Arkansas, for being so wrong about your location!

If any of you try it, let me know your score. :)

4 comments:

Catherine Lucia said...

I took nearly double your time -- 408 sec -- mostly because my very patriotic parents may have killed me had I done any worse than I did :) I got 45 out of 50 perfect = 90% and average error of 15 miles.

God bless America, and God bless the people who design the games that help us remember what America looks like :))

Linda said...

98% in 229 seconds! Of course that was after about a dozen or so times of playing (-: with ranges from 88% and up to 400 or so seconds. I just can't seem to find the right spot for Kansas when it is my first state!!

Rachel said...

Amen, God bless America and all our crazy states. :)

Good job, Linda! Kansas is one of the few I wouldn't have much trouble with, because it's right in the center of the country.

AlephGamma said...

I got 90% and missed Alaska!