Friday, June 19, 2009

More photos of recent events

This is my roommate Mery on June 8, becoming a postulant at Corpus Christi Monastery. I'm told she was smiling like that all through the ceremony.



The week before, a group of us had visited her monastery and had dinner with the extern sister.


We were all in town to visit Fr. John on the 25th anniversary of his ordination. Formerly a priest at our parish (St. Peter Chanel in Hawaiian Gardens), he's now at St. Stephen the First Martyr in Sacramento, CA. He's the priest on the left; Fr. McNeely is on the right, and they're surrounded by all the folks who made the seven-hour drive to be at the celebration.

We tried to force Fr. John to admit that he loves St. Peter Chanel more than his new parish, but he remarked that he gets so many visits from former parishioners that he's hardly had a chance to miss it!


(The first thing I thought when I saw this photo was, "Boy, I'm white!" As a redhead my choice is white or pink.)

4 comments:

adonela said...

How many vocations do we have here?

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Awesome!

JimAroo said...

Adonela, I count 4 priestly vocations. Now you count the religious women vocations.

Rachel said...

Very nice, Jim! Adonela was actually quoting the very direct question of the nun in the second picture. :)