Thursday, October 21, 2010

Down to the wire

I think I stand a decent chance of finishing all the essential tasks before I leave tomorrow.  Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is making me feel more excited about going. :)

Last night I got to spend a few precious hours catching up with two friends I met in junior high and have scarcely seen since high school.  It was so encouraging to hear their stories and see how God has been working in the lives of all three of us.

I'm typing this at the library, watching my allotted time tick quickly away in the corner of the computer monitor, because our internet access is down at home.  Fine time for it!  And much of what I have left to do requires the internet, so this has to be a short blog post.  If you email me, I might not be able to see it before I leave.

I won't be using the internet at the convent, of course, and I can't write or receive snail mail either except with close family.  If you know my mom, let her know of any big news in your life and she can pass it on to me. :)  It might work out to have my sister update this blog occasionally with letters.  If I happen to post again around three months from now, it's not because I've washed out of the order, nor because I'm sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night to update my blog when the other sisters aren't looking.  It's because I think I'll have to come back to California just to get a visa.  We'll find out.

Pray for me as I will for all of you!

4 comments:

kam said...

God bless you on your new journey! k

Anonymous said...

Rachel Hey!

Just a "fan" of yours from St. Louis-actually incidentally thanks to your blog I got to e-mail and instant message a bit with Theresa Nguyen over the summer- now off with the Nashville Dominicans! We never met but those e-mails were an awesome gift-thanks for being the means for this lol! Alas, I have never commented but I've also enjoyed reading your blog for the past 5 or so months. Please know I'll certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Best of luck at the convent Rachel!!

Your truly,

Sofia- a 17-year old "follower"

John Barry said...

I just discovered your blog today. It is wonderful to see that you have answered the Lord's calling. May God bless you and protect you at all times. I will pray for you. Please pray for me.

Lee Gilbert said...

So, Rachel, are you married now, or what?