Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sometimes problems are cannibals and eat each other up

My mom was walking in our neighborhood recently when she met a neighbor who told her about the house problems she'd been having. The neighbor had noticed some marks on the wall above her fireplace mantel. She said to a contractor, "What are these? It's not water." He cut out a five foot section of her wall and found a bee hive that went the length of the fireplace. Behind it was the petrified body of a rat. Its teeth were embedded in a wire which had electrocuted it and started a fire. But the honey had put out the fire, thus saving the house.

9 comments:

JimAroo said...

This same thing happened to the mother of the sister in law of a friend of my dad's second cousin, Primo d'Aprile, from Sicily.

Rachel Gray said...

I'm telling the truth, you know. My mom's neighbor really did tell her that.

JimAroo said...

I believe you but cousin Primo is hard to convince.

Rachel Gray said...

:)

Warren said...

And then Bill Murray came up behind me, and said, "can I bum a smoke?". I said, "It's bill murray!". He said, "go ahead and tell people, they're never going to believe you".

W

:-)

P.S. That is a great story. It has to be true. Just kidding about Bill Murray though.

Rachel Gray said...

If I were super famous I could use Murray's line all the time. :)

JimAroo said...

But with a name like Primo d'Aprile
why should we listen to him?

Linda said...

Hmmm, and they didn't experience any power loss anywhere when the rat chewed through the wire??

Rachel Gray said...

I don't know, Linda... Jim, I totally missed your corny Italian pun the first time. :)